How does academic freedom differ from freedom of expression?
- Democracy is the political system best suited to promoting the well-being of all.
- Effective democracy depends upon citizens who seek the truth and share it with their fellow citizens.
- Democratic societies should cultivate a truth-seeking mindset in its citizens.
- Universities perform a very important role in cultivating truth-seeking.
- Protection of academic freedom for its professors is a crucial element of enabling a university to perform its role in cultivating truth-seeking.
- False flag operations deliberately direct the minds of citizens away from the truth.
- 9/11 might have been a false flag operation which worked against the well-being of all in several ways, which include the following:
- It murdered about 3000 American citizens
- It played a part in the political justification of wars in the Middle East leading to the death of many hundreds of thousands, and suffering for millions
- It undermined democracy in America
- Universities have a special responsibility to study the possibility that 9/11 was a false flag operation.
- In suspending professor Anthony Hall without pay it has severely undermined its responsibility to cultivate truth-seeking, and thus to support a democratic society.